Submissions are now closed for 2023
April is National Poetry Month and Poem Town Randolph is preparing to celebrate its 10th Anniversary! The Poem Town team is now soliciting original poetry submissions to be considered for publication on broadsides to be posted in windows on the streets of Randolph and along the river trail during the month of April 2023, and in the 10th Anniversary print anthology, Poem Town Randolph 2023.
Instructions for Submission:
Please follow these instructions carefully. Failure to abide by these instructions may result in automatic rejection of poems.
- The deadline for submission is February 15, 2023.
- Poem Town accepts submissions from poets of any age residing anywhere in Vermont.
- One or two poems may be submitted, each poem no longer than 24 lines.
- Type the name of the poet and town of residence at the bottom of each poem. (This information is not shared with the judges of the poems, but is helpful when the chosen poems are submitted to the designer who prepares the broadsides and the published anthology.)
- Poems should be submitted by email to email@example.com with Poem Town 2023 in the subject line. In this email, attach each poem as a separate document, MS Word or rtf. The title of each poem should be each document’s name. No pdfs, please!
- In the text of the email, include the poet’s contact information: name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- Do not submit poems that have previously been published elsewhere in print or online.
- Do not submit poems that have previously been displayed in any PoemTown or PoemCity celebrations.
- Poets without access to email should contact Janet Watton at 802-728-9402 by February 10, 2023 to request an alternate submission process.
- Accepted poems will automatically be published in the Poem Town 2023 anthology. Poets who do not wish to have their poems published in the anthology must state this exemption in their submission email.
- By sending work to PoemTown Randolph 2022, poets agree that PoemTown may use any poem in display, in promotional materials, and in associated online, print and other media. Poets will be credited for their work in all places their poems appear.